Good shoes are a mark of a well-dressed man. Men who know what pieces are worth investing in and how important it is to efficiently rotate them definitely look more put together than the rest. Here's a simple guide to help make sure your shoe game is on point, come rain or shine!
Wear them in Winter
There is quite a collection of casual shoes like lugz or mountain boots available for the colder season, but what's hard to find is a warm pair of formal shoes. We've rounded up our top three favourites that'll save you from potential frostbite without putting a damper on your style:
1. Stanley These midnight blue velvet loafers are the definition of winter formals. This design will never go out of style, with its classy look, luxurious feel and ease of wearability.
2. Varane What's more winter than corduroy?! This ochre-coloured loafer gives us all the cosy feels. It is designed to be classic but not uptight, and it could go well with most outfits, whether it's day or night.
3. Diogo Your winter wardrobe NEEDS a black pair of comfortable, formal shoes, and it is not up for debate! We recommend Diogo. The textured velvet gives it that perfect warm yet luxurious feel, and you can dress it up or down as per your liking.
Sport them in Spring
Undoubtedly the best time of the year; Spring is when you get out of hibernation and get back to your social life! After months of wearing torturous, stuffy footwear, your feet need some room to breathe. Although it may be a little pre-mature to wear thong sandals and flip flops, we still have some lovely options up our sleeve. Here are the top three:
1. The Night Of Mules are a wonderful choice for the Spring season. The open-back keeps the air flowing, but the closed-toe makes sure that you're comfortable during the chilly evenings. The Night Of is a beige & black jacquard mule finished with tassel detailing. Functional, easy to style and excellent for the in-between weather.
2. Shehzaad Another great choice for spring would have to be Peshawari Sandals. They are not completely bare but not stuffy either, just the right mix between the two. A classic style of formal shoe for most Indian men. This black beauty is comfortable to wear and is made using the softest, most luxurious velvet, making this pair fit for a king.
3. Venture Bros Another classic mule for the experimental guy. Made using black & white jacquard, this one's got a monochromatic base and is finished with black grosgrain trim. Super easy to style with western or Indian wear.
Style them in Summer
The warm weather calls for a completely new lineup of formal shoes that are stylish, cool and comfortable. Period. Here are the top three picks that'll make you look fresh as hell from day to night:
1. Sultan Repeat after us- Summer is for Sandals! Yes, now check out this easy-breezy pair of Peshawari sandals we think you should invest in. This beige pair is easy on the eye and has a cooling effect during the hotter seasons. It is also breathable and comfortable because of the criss-cross strap design, plus it is fuss-free as it's a slip-on instead of your usual tie-up.
2. Bruno This pair of mules is the ultimate 'Summer' shoe. From the soothing beige and brown combination to the sophisticated bow detail... we love everything about this one. You can rock this on your next summer vacation or a wedding function. All in all, a must-have!
3. Breaking Bad Another perfect pair of neutral-toned mules that would easily become your go-to shoe for day events and wedding functions. These would pair well with so many different outfits without taking too much away from them. This one is contemporary and fun with its geometric base without being an outfit killer.
Flex them in Fall
Autumn has the best fashion, and shoes are no exception to that. While you will find thousands of stylish, formal pairs appropriate for the crisp weather, the key to a good fall shoe lies in its comfort. We're listing the three most comfortable pairs of Coral Haze shoes that'll become the only shoes you'd reach for... fall after fall:
1. Hustler Nothing says 'fall' like plaid. Are we right, or are we right?!
These beautifully handcrafted plaid loafers in brown velvet are at the top of our list, and for good reason. This understated, stylish pair of shoes is a must-have for every guy who wants to look polished without even trying.
2. Mirza Second, on our list is another classic- a pair of brown jacquard Peshawari sandals. Again, anything earthy and warm-toned is perfect for fall, and if you ask us brown is that one colour that you can hardly ever go wrong with. Pick this baby and create the chicest fall looks.
3. Marcus Last but not least is a stunning pair of blue & ivory jacquard mules. Very modern, very sophisticated and most importantly very versatile. We love the vibe this one gives, you could create a chill casual look with these or a smart business casual, they would take your outfit to a whole another level, regardless.
Easy, wasn't it?! We hope this helps you understand shoes a little better and makes styling them a piece of cake. Now, go test drive a few different styles to get a better sense of what you've learned from this guide.